Commercial Litigation Solicitor
Location: Chester City Centre
Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm
Holidays: 22 days per annum, plus bank holidays and days between Christmas and New Year (office closed)
Salary: Dependant on experience, plus excellent bonus structure
The successful candidate will be a targeted and driven person, with a good knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules, good legal skills combined with the ability to attract new clients to the firm.
- To run cases within our areas of expertise which include Reputation Management including Defamation, Privacy and Online content suppression. Also, Shareholder Disputes, contentious Intellectual Property cases, general contract disputes and Professional Negligence claims.
- To work independently on cases whilst also offering support and guidance for other members within the Litigation team where necessary
- To work out of our Chester City Centre offices with other colleagues including our Managing Partner, CEO, Solicitors, Trainees and Consultant Solicitors.
- To go above and beyond to achieve the desired result for clients and to do so in a proactive and timely manner.
- To win work independently and/or have own client following to be able to bring work into the business and manage own cases.
- To apply total discretion when dealing with our client base, which include Members of the Royal Family, the Government, several NHS Trusts, national and regional newspapers, TV companies, magazines and radio stations, football clubs (managers and players), boxers and musicians.
- Minimum of 1-year PQE experience working within a previous Commercial Litigation role.
- Ability to use Case Management and Time Recording systems effectively.
- Experienced in running their own case load, taking enquiries from prospective clients, reviewing cases, providing quality legal advice, and applying successful case strategies.
- Strong working knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage their own time and work to deadlines as well as flexibility with working evenings and weekends to secure results.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with clients.
- Strong commercial awareness.
Manleys is a firm of nationally recognised commercial litigation solicitors, defamation lawyers and reputation protection legal experts.
We protect the privacy, reputations, rights, brands and confidentiality of both private individuals and organisations across the UK.
We believe in “going the extra mile” for our clients. This might involve working unsociable hours, obtaining an urgent injunction or more conventional negotiation, mediation, litigation, or deal making. Whichever it is - we help our clients to secure the best result possible. We represent many successful businesses and individuals.
Interested? Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note if a high number of applications are received, it may not be possible to respond to all individually. If you have not heard from us within 48 hours, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you.